Don’t Make Excuses, Make Progress
“You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink”
To can give someone an advantage or provide them with an opportunity, but you can’t force them to do something if they don’t want to.
“I just don’t understand. We’ve given him the very best education and introduced him to the right people, but he just won’t pursue a meaningful career.”
“Well, you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make itdrink.”
Be honest with yourself and answer the following questions.
- Did I ask for help?
- What are you doing to understand the material?
- I’m I taking notes and applying the steps?
- I’m I using my time wisely?
- I’m gathering resources to get a better understanding?
- Can you go back to your notes to get a better understanding?
- Did you ask other students in the class to see what they are doing to be successful?
- Please watch the video below and come up with a strategy that works for you.
- Turn in a written plan of action that will help you advance in this class and actually put it into practice. Please turn in to teacher.
- I’m I taking ownership of my learning?