Please complete all questions and Photoshop Video for a grade.
Certification video: Please watch the certification video and complete question 1-25 from the above PDF.
Objective: Students will complete the photoshop images below by answering the questions. This is a performance based activity. All Questions must be saved as an edited version. Image question
Step 2 Students will take CERTIPORT PRACTICE TEST and Complete the below mini lesson. All WORK MUST BE UPLOADED TO EDMODO.
Baby Shower Invite Lesson
By the end of class students will design a baby invite card that demonstrates photoshop techniques and design skills.
Assignment: Please refer to the bookshelf above to download the lesson and rubric.
This assignment will be based on the rubric directions so please adhere to the guidelines.
Assignment Chapter 4 Lesson
Students will need to complete the following design using the images below.
a. Create a symmetrical design using the leaf provided below.
b. Create a Post Card Using the Plant below.
c. Create a Ostrichville Billboard design.
Completing this assignment you will be able to do the following:
New File, Use the Move tool, Transform ( Scale, rotate,) Grides brides, snap, Layers,Merge Layers,Flatten an Image, Opacity, Lock layers.
TAKE TEST CHAPTER 4
Click on Here To Take Test CODE to enter UDE8MSD
NEXT LESSON Chapter 5 helps Completes Chapter 4
After completing this chapter, you will be able to:
• Explain the differences between vector and bitmap graphics.
• Enter and edit text using the type tools.
• Find special text characters and insert them into your file.
• Use the type masking tools to create a selection.
• Fine-tune the appearance of text using the Character and Paragraph palettes.
• Explain why it is sometimes necessary to rasterize text and shapes.
• Create simple and complex shapes using the shape and pen tools.
• Discuss how to create your own custom shapes.
• Use the Paths palette to convert paths into other Photoshop features.
• Apply layer styles to your projects using both the Layer menu and the Styles palette.
New Animal Lesson
CTE State Objective: Demonstrate proficiency in digital imaging–The student will be able to:
30.01 Crop and scale photographs electronically.
30.02 Demonstrate proficiency in use of an understanding of formats and modes (e.g., EPS, TIFF, PICT, JPEG, ASCII, binary).
30.03 Demonstrate use of image editing software.
30.04 Complete projects using proper resolution and screen values (e.g., PPI, LPI, DPI).
Lesson Objective: Students will use photo manipulation skills to synthesize two images
by matching colors, textures and shapes to create a new, seamless image.
Making Newimals is less advanced than it looks. With some basic photo manipulation knowledge
such as cut and paste, transform and hue/ saturation, your students can be on their way to creating New Animals.
Students will prepare by: fining three animal online at Google, create a master document online (8.5/11 resolution 150), Take notes online using the test prep sheet,
VOCABULARY: Clone Stamp, Clone with Two Images, Selection Tools, Dodge / Burn / Sponge, PNG, GIFF, PSD, RAW, Feathering and Anti-aliasing, Smudge / Sharpen / Blur, DPI, resolution, Crop Scale, Scan, Filters
VIDEO BY TEACHER Feather
Next lesson Chapter 8 Photo Retouching
These Photos Below will be used as your Retouching test. Students must retouch all Photos in order to receive full credit.
Next Lesson Photo Manipulation
Objectives: The student will learn how to use Photoshop tools such as pen tool, lasso, color range, layer mask, burn and dodge tool, curves and levels, hue/saturation, filters, transform, clone stamp tool, and clipping mask Materials Needed
• Photoshop CS3 or higher
• Pen/Paper, Jump drive
Overview & Purpose
In this lesson students will learn how to manipulate a photo by layering many photos to create a surreal image of a man on the ocean Education Standards Addressed
Does the student’s final product look similar to the original picture?
Are layers visible for evaluation?
Did the student use the tools properly? Other Resources
-Photoshop text books
The student is allowed 1 week to complete this assignment.
After completing this assignment, students will know how to apply the uses pen tool, lasso, color range, layer mask, burn and dodge tool, curves and levels, hue/saturation, filters, transform, clone stamp tool, and clipping mask in their projects.
Next Lesson Chapter 6
After completing this chapter, you will be able to:
• Apply paint to an image using the Brush Tool.
• Select and modify brush styles using the Brush Preset Picker and the Brushes palette.
• Differentiate between the Image Size and Canvas Size commands.
• Paint patterns in an image using the Pattern Stamp Tool.
• Select and organize patterns using the Pattern Picker.
• Explain the difference between the Brush Tool and Pencil Tool.
• Use the Smudge Tool to create a “smeared” look.
• Sample a color in an image with the Eyedropper Tool.
• Create different styles of gradients with the Gradient Tool.
• Edit a gradient using the Gradient Editor.
• Fill an area with color with the Paint Bucket Tool.
• Fill an area with a color or pattern using the Fill command.
• Recognize how filters are organized in the Filters menu.
• Manipulate an image with the tools found in the Liquefy filter.
• Create a tileable pattern with the Pattern Picker filter.
1. Answer Review Question Chapter 6.
2. Work on Tutorial and upload to Edmodo in a JPEG FORMAT.
3. Test on Chapter 6.
PhotoShop Performance Test
LESSON PLAN: Photo historical manipulation
DURATION: 1 week
Goal: Students will take 7 photos of different kinds of images. Then, they will use their images to create digital historical media composition that incorporates a historical figure that made a contribution to society.
The National Curriculum – KS3 – Art and design
The National Curriculum – KS4 – Art and design – Portraits
CET Technical Tools
Photoshop tools: selection tool, editing tools, dodge burn tool, blur tool, scale, transform, hue saturation, two – three color, writing to explain, opacity, layers, design principle,
By the end of class student will be able to:
- Write a paragraph that explain your historical figure and explain what supporting images will be used in your composition.
- Google appropriate images that have large quality size (1000 x 600 Pixels)
- Use appropriate images that narratively communicate visually.
- Integrate a self photo into their composite.
- Write a one page essay that express their historical design.
Skills needed to implement
Learn about using a digital camera.
Learn about how to take good pictures (focusing on composition, light, and color).
Learn about the idea of narrative image.
Learn about how to use “photoshop” the online photo-editing tool.
Develop and improve organizational skills by creating the digital mixed image composition.
Improve their critical thinking.
Teacher video example
Students will create and research a historical figure through writing and using photoshop.
A recall question (knowledge or comprehension) for those students who have trouble thinking on the spot and answering. They can recall facts and build confidence.
Questions which do not have right and wrong answers. I have questions that allow the students to think outside the box and apply what we are discussing to other situations.
Evaluative questions, which promote further discussion.
Application questions that allow students to relate the topic to their own lives and experiences.
Assessment sheet at parafruiteducation.
Research a historical figure and save 7-8 images to your jump drive.
Selective students will use the text book to work in a guided lesson and video tutorial.